Proclaiming Jesus as Lord in the Heart of Hobart
to build a community of living faith,
profound hope & practical love.
The Christmas Sermons are all available on the Sermon tab above
Visit any time to enjoy the cathedral. It is a quiet place in the heart of Hobart where you can connect with God, contemplate, meditate, pray or just walk around and look. The Cathedral, at the corner of Murray St and Macquarie St is open every day. You can also take a virtual tour at any time. You can also follow us on facebook to keep up to date with events, sermons and other news.
You can see our public calendar here.
- Holy Communion at 8.00 a.m
- Choral Eucharist at 10.00 a.m. with program for children during term time.
- Evening Prayer at 5.30 p.m.
- Choral Evensong at 5.30pm with the Cathedral Choir usually on the fourth Sunday of the month (Returns in Feb 2019).
Support our Farming God’s Way Project in Kitgum Uganda, information here.
Link in with one of our midweek activities.
- Tuesday 12:00 noon Holy Communion (Not on in January)
- Thursday 10.30 a.m. Holy Communion BCP (Restarts January 24)
- Friday 12:00 noon Healing Service with Communion (Restarts February 15)
God and the City – A History of St. David’s Cathedral Hobart
August 21, 2017, is the 175th anniversary of the issuing of letters patent creating the Diocese of Tasmania and the declaration of Hobart as a city and so making St David’s a Cathedral. If you’d like to know more about our read God and the City, written by Professor Peter Boyce.
If you would like a copy, please enquire through the cathedral office.