Proclaiming Jesus as Lord in the Heart of Hobart
to build a community of living faith, profound hope and practical love.
We invite you to…
Visit any time to enjoy the cathedral. It is a quiet place in the heart of Hobart where you can connect with God, contemplate, meditate, pray or just walk around and look. The cathedral is open every day.
- Holy Communion at 8.00 a.m
- Choral Eucharist at 10.00 a.m. with program for children.
- Evening Prayer at 5.30 p.m.
- Choral Evensong at 5.30pm with the Cathedral Choir every fourth Sunday of the month.
Join the spiritual journey at Soul Walk, at 6:15pm on Sundays in the CBD near the Cathedral.
Come with your children to Messy Church, monthly on Sunday Afternoons
Link in with one of our midweek activities.
- Tuesday 12:00 noon Holy Communion for women
- Tuesday 1:00 p.m. Meditation – Scripture and contemplative prayer
- Thursday 10.30 a.m. Holy Communion BCP
- Friday 12:00 noon Healing Service with Communion (Not on Dec-Jan)
God and the City – A History of St. David’s Cathedral Hobart
On August 21, 2012, the 170th anniversary of the issuing of letters patent creating the Diocese of Tasmania and the declaration of Hobart as a city, a history of the St. David’s Cathedral, God and the City, written by Professor Peter Boyce, was launched.
For more information about the book, including orders, please enquire through the cathedral office.